TeenLit Community Forums

TeenLit Community Forums (https://teenlit.com/forums/index.php)
-   Great Reads! (https://teenlit.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   DaVinci Code (https://teenlit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71)

Gerards_Luvr 06-03-2005 10:52 AM

DaVinci Code

Ok so I was up late one night trying to entertain myself, and I picked up The DaVinci Code. It was really good, took me just a few day to read it. Its not very long, about 350 pages or so, it all takes place over about three days. Its mainly fiction, but has some bits of history about like, pagan symbols. its very interesting, because it puts a whole new look at the infamous Holy Grail. i recommend it highy to you guys.

Isis 06-03-2005 02:59 PM

^^;; I want to read that, but haven't...

Also, along those lines, anyone who liked the DaVinci Code should also read Angels and Demons - it's really cool, with history and artwork and ancient symbols involved, but is again fiction. It's the prequel to the DaVinci Code, is a little longer, and very, very suspenseful. I almost read all 450-odd pages in one sitting o.o;;

Gerards_Luvr 06-04-2005 12:08 AM

oh really? that sounds interesting, I shall go find it when im done with my book right now. lol Im reading like 4 books right now. Thanks for tellin about it!

Maddie 09-21-2005 11:57 PM

I love the DaVinci Code for all the contreversy it caused. It's great when a seemingly normal book becomes so scandalous :)
Maddie

Gerards_Luvr 09-22-2005 01:25 AM

yeah. I find that kind of reaction great. I mean, if its a fiction novel, why get all worked up over it? I dunno, maybe thats just me. I love over reactions. ^_^
peace
kaila

Maddie 09-23-2005 11:11 AM

They definately make life more amusing
Maddie

Vennila X Vana 09-23-2005 07:11 PM

uggh. The Da Vinci Code is a great fiction book in it's own respects but I hate the cultlike following it has. It's still fiction and I wish people would just take it for what it is. Sadly that has repulsed me so much that I just can't read any other Dan Brown book now.

Maddie 09-23-2005 07:58 PM

That's a bummer...in my opinion some of his other stuff is better
Maddie

JEM 09-23-2005 11:28 PM

I have never read his stuff either, but this is what I heard:
1. Dan Brown has good ideas but is a terrible author.
2. It has to do with Jesus or some other christian hero.
3. If you are terribly to the right wing, you will hate it. If you are an anarchist (as some of the conservatives call the liberals), you will love it.

Is any of this true?

Vennila X Vana 09-24-2005 02:03 PM

I don't know, I'm hella liberal, born and raised. I did like it immediatly after reading it but the first one is right. He is not a very good author at all, the ideas are good, I think he would make it quite well as a business man. He knows how to make money, and he's making such a big ol' lot of it. If you have the time, read it. If not, it's not a loss.